Research & Analytical Chemist
World leading chemical manufacturing company headquartered in Bristol, PA is seeking to a full-time Research & Analytical Chemist for our Bristol, PA facility. MUST have strong EPA methodology exposure and/or environmental testing.
Primarily responsible for performing routine tests and analysis related to UCT environmental research and development projects. Other responsibilities include technical support for domestic/international sales force, publically presenting applicable research, training of sales team and customers, and troubleshooting analytical problems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and troubleshoot research projects using solid-phase techniques strictly adhering to EPA mandated guidelines where applicable.
- Work in conjunction with contacts at the USEPA to get written into future methods where the use of solid phase extraction and GC or LC-MS analysis is accepted.
- Evaluate environmental analytical data generated utilizing UCT consumables in an efficient manner, in accordance with Regional and USEPA data validation guidelines and publish analytical methods to ensure data quality objectives are met.
- Execute the QuEChERS approach for Food Safety Testing when needed.
- Operate and maintain analytical instruments including GC, GC/MS and LC-MS/MS.
- Assist Quality Control team when needed to assess the effectiveness and cleanliness of select UCT consumables and sorbents that are commonly utilized in environmental testing.
- Execute presentations, training, and educational conference seminars geared towards the environmental market when called upon.
- Perform a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Must be available to travel up to 30-40% of time to include applicable conferences and tradeshows, domestic/international customer visits, and distributor training.
- Provide technical laboratory support for research projects characterizing emerging contaminants in a variety of environmental matrices (e.g., biosolids, wastewater, surface and ground water, soils, sediments and plants).
- Technically support and train both domestic and international sales force and customer base on UCT published application notes and products with an environmental and food safety concentration.
- Must be available to travel up to 30-40% of the time (as deemed appropriate while following CDC guidelines/protocols) to include applicable conferences and tradeshows, domestic/international customer visits, and distributor training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; scientific writing experience preferred.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work both independently and within multidisciplinary groups.
- Comfortable with public speaking in regards to executing presentations, training, and educational seminars.
- Detail-oriented personality and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to write reports and professional correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, sales staff and customers.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and able to rent a car in the U.S.
- M.S. or Ph. D in Chemistry/Environmental Science/Biology.
- Minimum of two years environmental laboratory experience.
- GC-MS/LC-MS extensive operation experience required.
- Familiarity with USEPA Analytical Methods and USEPA data validation guidelines methods for the analysis of drinking water, wastewater and solid waste extraction, specifically the 500, 800, and 1600 series including UCMR4 updates.
We offer a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k, etc.
WE ARE A TOBACCO/SMOKE -FREE ENVIRONMENT
If you feel you meet the above listed requirements, please send your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.